When do we collect your personal information and what we collect
We collect and process personal data when you:
- create an account with us.
- visit our website, and use your account to buy products or redeem vouchers on the phone, in the shop or online.
- make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we only collect transaction-based data).
- place an order in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- engage with us on social media.
- contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- enter prize draws or competitions.
The kind of data we collect includes:
- your name, billing/delivery address(es), orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- details of any complaints or comments made by email, via the online helpdesk or social media
- your order history and wish list choices, if you have an account with us
- technical information about your internet connection and browser, the type of device you use and your preferred language
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
We do not sell any personal information to third parties. Never have, and never will. However we do share your data with companies such as delivery companies and payment service providers so that we can provide our services to you.
How and why do we use your personal data
We want to give you the best possible customer experience.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
You can request your data to be deleted but if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website, by phone or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order.
- Your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or delivery the product you ordered, and we may keep the details for reasonable period afterwards to ensure the order is completed and fulfil refunds if needed.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. We may keep a record of these for internal record keeping and make improvements to our services.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest e.g by checking your password when you login and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent log-ins from unexpected locations.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- With your consent, to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
You are free to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. This can be done by logging in to your account and updating your preferences or using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any promotional email sent by Adra.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use Sage Pay to keep your information safe and inaccessible to other internet users. Sage Pay’s systems are scanned by Trustwave, an independent Qualified Security Assessor for the payment card brands.
Sage Pay is also audited annually by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages, which we use to keep track of what you have in your basket, and to remember you when you return to our site.
They help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
HOW TO CONTACT US
Adra may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Last updated 21 May 2018